Quality and performance report
Through our quality and performance reports, we evaluate our activity against a range of key performance indicators (KPIs).
KPIs are organised into five key categories, which are the same areas the CQC use to rate care providers like us.
They are a mix of national targets that all NHS organisations must meet, and targets we’ve set in collaboration with our partner s.
- Effective: mortality, stroke care, and inpatient and outpatient performance
- Safe: infection prevention and control, patient safety, and maternity care
- Caring: patient feedback, experience, and complains
- Responsive: planned care, cancer care, theatre productivity, emergency care, and ambulance handover times
- Well-led: mandatory training, sickness absence, vacancy rates, and turnover.
As well as helping us understand what we’ve done, the report also helps us:
- improve our services
- spot any trends to mitigate issues before they happen, or reduce the impact of risk
- provide assurances to our partner organisations.
Our quality and performance report is discussed in our committees, helping us to make improvements to our patient care.