Birth partners and support people
We welcome your birth partner and support person, with some restrictions.
You don’t need to do covid home tests anymore, so:
- if you and your partner feel ok, come in as usual
- if your birthing partner or visitor has any covid or flu-like symptoms, they should isolate away from you
- and they must stay away from the hospital
- if you have symptoms, call us as soon as possible: the number is in your notes
Keep us safe
Please follow any instructions we give to keep us all safe:
- wear a face mask and use hand sanitiser
- in some areas we may ask you to wear additional protective equipment
- leave space and keep social distancing
Your birth partner or support person can come with you to your antenatal appointments and scans.
During busy periods they may be asked to wait outside until your appointment starts.
Labour and birth
Your named birth partner and a support person can be with you during your labour and birth.
Your named birth partner can stay overnight. One other named person can visit between1pm to 7pm each day.