Our vision and HEART values
We want to provide excellent care in the right setting.
Our HEART values
Our vision is driven by our HEART values, which were developed with our staff.
We are open and honest in everything we do.
- We want you to say: “I feel staff are open and upfront therefore I trust them”
- We want our staff to say: “I speak up and feel comfortable admitting if I don’t understand something or I’ve made a mistake”
We value all people equally and treat them fairly, whilst recognising their individuality.
- We want you to say: “I feel that I am seen as a person and treated fairly”
- We want our staff to say: “I feel that I am listened to and that my views matter”
We will provide excellent care and ensure the safety and wellbeing of all patients.
- We want you to say: “I feel comfortable that staff will do their best for me”
- We want our staff to say: “I take pride in the work I do and take responsibility for making a difference everyday”
We treat everybody the way we would like to be treated.
- We want you to say: “I feel comfortable that staff have regard for my feelings and wellbeing”
- We want our staff to say: “I value every person as an individual and I feel valued"
We work together to make improvements, delivering consistent high quality, safe care.
- We want you to say: “I feel confident with the care I receive from a team of healthcare professionals”
- We want our staff to say: “I support my colleagues and feel engaged in our organization"
Our people promise
Our people promise was co-produced by our Trust board and our Independent staff insight group (ISIG).
What we’ll do
We’re determined to make LNWH a compassionate, caring, cohesive and courageous organisation.
We’ll do whatever it takes to appreciate our people, regardless of their role and background, so that they can be at their best. And we’ll take care of you and your wellbeing throughout your time with us.
We will value, respect, appreciate and trust each other.
We’re committed to always learning and improving as we serve our communities.
Why we’re doing it
We want to provide outstanding, inclusive healthcare that draws on our diverse strengths.
And we want to build a service we can all be proud of.
We know the road to true inclusivity isn’t easy. But we’re a diverse organisation, serving diverse communities. We’re proud of that diversity: valuing and respecting it is important to us.
We’ll work together, whether in our boardroom or our wards and departments to achieve that goal.