Patient research forum
Our patient research forum is an important part of way we do research here. It’s your voice in our research activity. Made of people who are really passionate about making care better for the future, our members include:
- patients who have either taken part, or about to take part, in research
- their family or carers
- healthcare professionals, including doctors, nurses, and therapists.
We’re always looking for members, so email us if you’d like to get involved.
How the forum helps us make research better
Above all else, members of the group give our researchers a valuable insight into what it’s like to take part in research. They help us plan, design, and do, better research.
The group also help us:
- provide support and advice to people who are thinking about taking part in research, or are already taking part in research
- promote research, and its benefits, to other patients and staff, including clinicians and senior leaders
- consider funding requests and research submissions.
We want you to feel confident when you’re talking about research to us, our teams, and other patients, so we’ve put together some fantastic training. In fact, it’s the same training our researchers do, too.
We’ll give you more information when you join.