Guidelines and procedures
Our guidelines and procedures are based on National Institute for Health and Care Excellence guidelines (NICE).
We use these guidelines as a foundation of safe care. They help us to make your care personal to you.
NICE guidelines are kept up to date by medical professionals using evidence from research and peoples’ lived experience.
Some guidelines are co-written by professional groups such as the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists.
- Antenatal and postnatal mental health: clinical management and service guidance (via nice.org.uk)
- Antenatal care (via nice.org.uk)
- Diabetes in pregnancy: management from preconception to the postnatal period (via nice.org.uk)
- Hypertension in pregnancy: diagnosis and management (via nice.org.uk)
- Routine antenatal anti-D prophylaxis for women who are rhesus D negative (via nice.org.uk)
- Weight management before, during and after pregnancy (via nice.org.uk)