We use a service called Attend Anywhere to connect you to your outpatient appointment online. You can join your appointment anywhere. All you need is a computer, smartphone, or tablet.
We’re planning on offering more appointments online where it’s safe to do so, but we’ll always see you in person if we need to.
Don’t worry, your appointment remains confidential (same as a face-to-face appointment), and your conversation is never recorded.
What you'll need to join your appointment
- a good interent connection: if you can watch an online video, you can make the call
- a private, well-lit area where you won't be disturbed
- a webcam, speakers, and a microphone: these are usually built into modern computers and smart devices
- a modern and up-to-date browser (see below)
While we recommend you use WiFi, Attend Anywhere will work over your mobile data.
You won't use much data while you're in the waiting room, but the appointment uses about the same amount of data as a Skype or FaceTime call.
Test your setup
You should test your setup 30 minutes before your appointment on Attend Anywhere.
If you’re using a computer, Attend Anywhere won’t work on Internet Explorer. Use Chrome on Windows, or Safari or Chrome on Mac.
Joining your online appointment
Once you’ve tested your setup, you’re ready to go to the waiting room:
- Click the start call button
- You’ll enter the waiting room until your appointment starts
- The waiting room is private, and you won’t see or hear anyone else: you’ll see yourself and hear music