Our pharmacy team review or dispense medications for you while you staying with us as an inpatient, or dispense medications to you if you are going home.
- Telephone number: 0208 869 2762
- Call us between: 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday
- Location: Central Middlesex, Ealing, Northwick Park and St Mark's Hospitals
- Division: Integrated clinical services
- About the service
- Information about your care
- Our services
- Community health services pharmacy team
- Homecare medicines
- Tell us about your experience
- Visiting our service
- Contact our service
About the service
Our pharmacy team provide services for:
- all four of our hospitals
- Meadow House
- three community hospitals
- more than 50 community clinics.
We may review or dispense medications for you while you staying with us as an inpatient, or dispense medications to you if you are going home.
Information about your care
Arriving in hospital
If you are coming into hospital to stay with us as an inpatient, please bring any medication you usually take. This means that you will be able to continue taking your medication, if this is appropriate for your care.
While you're staying with us
Our pharmacists can provide advice on any new medication prescribed to you while you are in hospital, such as how long you should take it for, and information about any side-effects it may have.
When you're being discharged
When you are ready to leave hospital, we will make sure that you have enough medication to last you at least two weeks. You and your GP will both receive a copy of any prescriptions you are given on leaving hospital.
Before you go home, we will work with your GP, community pharmacist and anyone else involved in your care outside hospital to make sure that any care related to your medication is continued.
If you need us to, we can contact you once you have been discharged to help resolve any issues you have which are related to your medication.
We provide a range of pharmacy services at our hospitals, including:
- dispensing medicines to inpatients, outpatients, and patients being discharged from hospital. At Ealing Hospital, we can let you know when your prescription is ready by sending you an SMS text alert.
- a ward-based pharmacy service. Our clinical pharmacists and technicians make sure that the medicines we give you are safe and appropriate. We also prepare your medications for when you're discharged while you are still on our ward, so that you don't need to wait for your medication when you are ready to go home.
At Northwick Park Hospital, we also:
- provide dedicated expert medication advice and support to people being cared for at St Mark's Hospital. This includes providing intravenous nutrition across our Trust if you need it
- prepare and supply sterile products to be used intravenously (known as aseptic services). These might go to our haematology or chemotherapy services, or to our Intestinal Failure Unit. Our highly trained specialist pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and assistants make sure that these complex medications are always safely prepared and quality assured for you.
- provide sterile and non-sterile manufacturing. We have an on-site manufacturing unit with an MHRA specials manufacturing licence. This means that we can sell an extensive range of specials products, including injections, oral liquids, creams and ointments, both for our own Trust and for others. We have developed new formulations to meet clinical needs and when clinicians request it, we are always willing to develop new products.
- offer a Medicines Support Service, where our specialist pharmacists help you get the most out of your medication. Contact us to discuss issues such as:
- how to get a supply of your medication
- getting medicines out of the containers
- remembering to take medication
- if you are worried about taking your medication
- if you feel that your medication is not helping you.
Community health services pharmacy team
Our Community Health Services Pharmacy (CHSP) team work across Brent, Harrow and Ealing.
They support services in:
- providing advice about medicines
- developing policies and procedures
- developing patient groups
- audit visits
- answering clinical enquiries.
Some of the services supported by our CHSP team are:
- family planning
- adult and children’s community nursing
- special school nurses
- non-medical prescribers
- dental services
- immunisation/vaccination teams
- intermediate care/community hospitals
- palliative care hospices
- admission avoidance and reablement to home teams.
The homecare medicines services brings your medication directly to your home.
The service is designed to save you time, as you don't need to attend regular outpatient appointments and day units for repeat prescriptions.
Visiting our service
You can find our pharmacies:
- at Central Middlesex Hospital: level 2
- at Ealing Hospital: level 2, between our X-ray and outpatients departments. We also have a dispensary on level 8 where you can pick up your outpatient prescriptions from our Infectious Diseases department.
- at Northwick Park and St Mark's Hospitals: level 4.
Contact our service
Medicines Information Helpline
If you have questions about medication that has been prescribed to you at one of our hospitals, please call our helpline on 0208 869 2762.
Alternatively you can call your GP, GP Out of Hours service, or your community pharmacist or chemist for advice.
Central Middlesex Hospital
Pharmacy dispensary: 0208 453 2552
- Monday to Friday; 9am to 5.30pm
- Saturdays and Bank Holidays, 9:30am to 1pm
Pharmacy dispensary: 0208 967 5532
- Mondays, 9:30am to 5:30pm
- Tuesdays to Fridays, 9am to 5:30pm
Pharmacy Purchasing Office: 0208 967 5697 (Monday to Friday, 8:30am - 4:30pm)
Pharmacy Administrator: 0208 967 5511
Northwick Park and St Mark's Hospitals
Pharmacy Dispensary: 0208 869 2200 or 0208 869 2201
- Monday to Friday 9am to 5:45pm
- Saturdays 9:30am to 12:30pm
- Sundays and Bank Holidays, 9:30am to 12:00pm
St Mark's Hospital Pharmacist: 0208 235 4100
If the St Mark's Hospital Pharmacist is unavailable, please leave a voice message with your name and number and they will return your call as soon as possible.
Commercial Supplies, Northwick Park Specials
- Phone: 0208 869 2295
- Fax. 0208 869 2370