Our chlidren's sickle cell and thalassaemia service in Ealing cares for children and young people who have inherited sickle cell disease or Thalassaemia Major.
- Telephone number: 0208 967 5643
- Service hours: Monday to Friday, 9 - 5pm
- Location: Ealing Hospital
- Division: Women's and children's services
- General manager: Jacinth Jeffers
About the service
Our chlidren's sickle cell and thalassaemia service in Ealing cares for children and young people who:
- have inherited sickle cell disease or Thalassaemia Major
- are between the ages of 0 and 19
- have an Ealing GP.
- assess children at home or at school
- provide advice and education for parents and teachers about sickle cell disease and thalassaemia
- run a monthly outpatient clinic, on the fourth Thursday of each month.
Our team also develops and provides training to other professionals to improve knowledge about sickle cell disease and thalassaemia.
Our service runs between Monday to Friday, 9 - 5pm. If your child needs help urgently outside these hours, please visit Get the right care for you for more advice.
We accept referrals from a child or young person's GP.
Referral letters should be sent to:
Dr Sheana Wijemanne, Consultant Paediatric Haematologist, Level 10 North, Ealing Hospital, Uxbridge Road, Southall, Middlesex UB1 3HW.