Our children's community nursing team care for children and young people who require nursing support and are between the ages of 0 and 19.
- Telephone number: HA1 3UJ
- Location: Northwick Park Hospital
- Division: Women's and children's services
- General manager: Jacinth Jeffers
About the service
Our children's community nursing team care for children and young people who:
- require nursing support
- are between the ages of 0 and 19.
We are a team of experienced children's nurses who work closely with other healthcare professionals to provide high quality care for your child.
Conditions we care for
We care for children who need nursing support for a range of conditions, including:
- respiratory conditions, including oxygen dependency and tracheostomy care
- feeding difficulties, including the management and teaching of nasogastric and gastrostomy tube feeding
- skin care needs, such as support with dressings, eczema and burns
- chronic conditions requiring long term support, such as diabetes.
We also provide support for children who need:
- intravenous therapy or help with central lines
- palliative care.
We accept referrals for children who:
- live in Harrow
- have a Harrow GP.
There must be an agreement that it is practical and safe to carry out the required nursing care at your child's home, school or nursery. This agreement must be made between:
- the referrer
- the family
- a GP or paediatrician
- the children's community nursing team.