Staff Excellence Awards
A big thank you to everyone who submitted a nomination. We know you'll join us in saying huge congratulations to everyone on our fantastic shortlist for the Staff Excellence Awards 2022.
Winners were revealed at the award ceremony at Wembley Stadium on Friday 15 July.
You've voted for staff, teams, or volunteers who've made a difference and help celebrate the vital work our people do everyday.
Presented to an individual or team from each of our clinical divisions who have 'gone the extra mile' to improve patient safety or patient care, or staff experience.
Emergency and ambulatory care
Winner: Curline Campbel, Dickens ward
- Nikita Makwana, A&E
- Margaret (Maggie) McCarthy, Dickens ward
Integrated clinical services
Winner: Peter Schnatterbeck, interventional radiology
- Adwoa Asante, haematology
- Mohammed Foghani, therapies
Winner: Ailyn Diaz, practice development
- Kimberly Dzvova, sexual health
- Thulimaya (Maya) Ghale, domestic team, Haldane ward
Winner: IBD biologic nursing team
- Gabriella Poufou, outpatients
- Complex colorectal cancer service (joint service with ICS)
- Helen Lightfoot, access centre
Winner: Rodrigo Desamparado, recovery / post anaesthetic care unit
- Aung Myo Tun, theatres
- Dr Shaman Dolly, ophthamology
Women's and children's services
Winner: Cerian Jones, Florence ward
- Thobile Zikhali, antenatal clinic
- Moena Omar, maternity
Unsung hero finalists
This award recognises an unsung individual or team from our corporate support staff (HR, Finance, Facilities, strategy, ICT etc) who consistently go above and beyond the call of duty in their day-to-day work.
Winner: Martin Browne, digital services
- Communications team
- Sohail Sardar, digital services
Volunteer of the year finalists
Awarded to an individual or team who have given up their time for the benefit of patients or staff.
- Beryl Carr, The Friends Cafe
- Malcolm Woods, health and wellbeing, cancer services, and cardiology
- Mr and Mrs Sivakumaran, The Friends Cafe
- Dr Dan Darko, vaccine hub
Quality and improvement finalists
Presented to an individual or team for implementing or managing innovative tools, systems or processes to enhance patient care.
Winner: Andrew Prentice, St. Mark’s cancer screening centre
- Gladys Tamraz and Sarita Thethy, pharmacy
- Hepatology team
Team of the year finalists
A special award to recognise the outstanding contribution made by an exceptional team (clinical or non-clinical) over the past year. The winners will be chosen by our Chairman.
Winner: Jonson ward
- Pharmacy department
- Security, Northwick Park Emergency Department
Covid HEART hero award finalists
Winner: Tracy Dent, mortuary
- Anu Obaro, radiology
- Occupational Health, health and wellbeing team and Covid Vaccine Advocates
Fundraiser of the year finalists
Awarded to an individual staff member or team who has dedicated their time and energy to fundraising activities that benefit our Trust.
Winner: Bally Virdi, clinical governance
Runner-up: Meadow House Hospice
Learner of the year finalists
Awarded to an exceptional student, who is either in full time study or is currenlty undertaking learning and development within the Trust.
Winner: Carol Dentandt, procurement
- Krishna Panchal, communications team
- Kendra Mendes, colorectal / gastroenterology
Lifetime achievement finalists
A special award to recognise the outstanding contribution made by an exceptional colleague who has served over 15 years in the organisation. The winner will be chosen by our Chief Executive.
Winner: Chandra Puran, Fletcher ward
- Christine Ward, pharmacy
- Robert Reichert, breast surgery
With thanks to
Our staff excellence awards are made possible thanks to our generous main sponsor, London North West Healthcare Charity as well as Ambulance Transfer Ltd, Bouygues, ByCentral, Capsticks, Grundon, Harrow College ane VerseOne