The national FGM support clinic is a pilot project, funded by NHS England, providing information and support for women who have undergone FGM. To use the service, you must be 18 years and older, and not pregnant at the time of seeking help.
- Telephone number: 020 8869 5046, 07776673996, or 07796705859
- Service hours: Every other Tuesday from 9am to 5pm.
- Address: SMS GP Practice 1st Floor, Wembley Centre for Health 116 Chaplin Road, Wembley HA0 4UZ,
- Location: SMS GP Practice, 1st Floor, Wembley Centre for Health, 116 Chaplin Road, Wembley HA0 4UZ
- Division: Women's and Children's Services
- General manager: Bilkis Oladokun
- Ages seen: 18 years and above
Conditions we care for
We care for women who have undergone FGM, and offer support for both the physical and psychological aspects of the practice:
- physical health assessment
- holistic and woman-centred safeguarding risk assessment to establish whether any children known to the woman are at risk or have had FGM
- advice about effect on future pregnancies and deliveries
- therapeutic specialist FGM counselling
We can also provide direct onward referrals to specialists FGM gynaecologist services for complex cases.
We accept referrals from GPs and other healthcare professionals. You can also refer yourself to our service.
- email the Brent FGM service
- call us on:
- 020 8869 5046
Our service is part of an NHS England pilot. Opcit Research has been commissioned by NHS England and NHS Improvement to evaluate the project.