Our paediatric speech and language therapy service provides a high quality service to children and young people in Harrow.
- Telephone number: 0208 869 3010
- Location: Northwick Park Hospital
- Division: Women's and children's services
- General manager: Maria Luscombe (Head of paediatric therapies)
About the service
Our paediatric speech and language therapy service in Harrow provides a high quality service to children and young people who:
- are between the ages of 0 and 18
- have a GP in Harrow or who attend school in Harrow
- have difficulties with speech, language, communication or swallowing.
We work in partnership with you and your family, as well as other health, education, social care and voluntary service professionals.
Conditions we care for
We look after children and young people who have one or more of the following conditions:
- developmental language disorder
- speech sound difficulties
- language disorder linked to with a sensory, cognitive or physical disability
- autism or social interaction difficulties
- voice disorders
- selective mutism
- feeding and drinking difficulties.
Where we provide your care
We provide services in a number of community settings, such as:
- children’s centres
- further education colleges.
We provide care for children with speech and language therapy needs who:
- go to school in Harrow
- are registered with a GP in Harrow
We have an open referral system. That means that anyone who has the consent of the child's parent can make a referral.
How to refer
To refer, please write to us stating the child's:
- date of birth
- phone number.
You can send your referral:
- by post, to:
Speech and Language Therapy Services
Children’s Administration Offices - Level 6
Northwick Park Hospital
Harrow HA1 3UJ
- or by emailing our team.
Download our referral forms, service criteria, and checklists:
- Referral criteria for children's speech and language therapy in Harrow [pdf] 275KB
- Harrow paediatric SLT referral form - Pre-school [pdf] 169KB
- Harrow paediatric SLT Primary School Communication Checklist[pdf] 274KB
- Harrow paediatric SLT referral form - Primary school[pdf] 327KB
- Harrow paediatric SLT Secondary School Communication Checklist[pdf] 270KB
- Harrow paediatric SLT referral form - secondary school[pdf] 328KB