Our team look after you if you have colorectal and intestinal disease.
- Telephone number: 020 8235 4051
- Location: St Mark's Hospital
- Division: Surgery
- General manager: Will Bannister
About the service
Our colorectal surgical team are based at St Mark’s Hospital.
St Mark's is one of London North West University Healthcare's four hospitals. It is the country's leading specialist hospital for colorectal and intestinal disease.
Our team will look after you if:
- you need major surgery
- you're experiencing intestinal failure
- you need stoma care
- you have, or are worried you might have, polyposis
- you have irritable bowel disease.
We'll also support you if you have problems with continence, using:
- sacral nerve stimulation
If you need it, we can also offer specialist radiological investigations and advanced endoscopies.
All our patients benefit from the high quality and leading edge care offered by our specialists at St Mark's. We see all types of problems ranging from haemorrhoids to major bowel resection and intestinal failure.
At St Mark's, we look after all our gastro-intestinal services, including providing you with access to endoscopies when you need them, and managing our upper gastro-intestinal clinics. We also have a tertiary centre where we'll look after you if you have a more complex problem, such as suspected cancer.
You can read more about St Mark's on the St Mark’s Hospital website.
Where we provide your care
Most of our colorectal surgery services are provided from St. Mark's Hospital:
- Outpatients: level 3
- Endoscopy: level 3
- Physiology: level 4
- Biofeedback: level 4
- Radiology: level 4
If you need to be admitted to one of our wards, you will probably be admitted to Frederick Salmon Ward, on level 4. You can access the ward from either St Mark's or Northwick Park Hospitals.
If you require specialist care, our Intestinal Failure Unit is based on Jonson Ward, on level 9 of Northwick Park Hospital.
We also hold some clinics at Central Middlesex Hospital, which are based in our gastroenterology and GI surgery centre on the first floor.
- Mr Anthony Antoniou, Consultant Colorectal Surgeon
- Miss Carolynne Vaizey, Chairman of Surgery at St Marks and Consultant in Colorectal Surgery
- Mr Janindra Warusavitarne PhD FRACS, Consultant Surgeon
Special interests: Intestinal Failure Surgery Laparoscopic Surgery
- Mr Phil Tozer, Consultant in Colorectal Surgery
- Mr John (Ian) Jenkins MD FRCS, Consultant Surgeon
Special interests: Laparoscopic Surgery
- Mr Peter McDonald, Consultant in Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Prof Omar Faiz, Clinical Director - St Marks/Consultant in Colorectal Surgery
- Prof Sue Clark MD FRCS(Gen Surg), Consultant in Colorectal Surgery and Dean of St Mark’s Academic Institute
Special interests: Colorectal cancer, inherited cancer syndromes, familial adenomatous polyposis.
- Mr Danilo Miskovic, PhD MD FRCS, Consultant Colorectal Surgeon
Special interest: Minimally-invasive and robotic treatment of cancer of the colon and rectum.
You can make a referral to our service if you are:
- a GP
- a clinician at another hospital Trust
- in the emergency services
- in one of our other services at London North West University Healthcare
If you are making a referral to our service from another hospital Trust, please email the referral to us.