Other referral pathways
Some of our services and clinics accept referrals from non-GP referrers, teaching professionals, or parents or guardians. Some services accept paper referrals for clinically urgent cases only.
Genomics resources for healthcare professionals
The information on this page will assist health professionals in accessing the appropriate genetics resources needed for day-to-day patient care.
Genomic medicine can help improve diagnosis and care of patients and their families, and is relevant for all specialties. It is therefore important clinicians in all specialties to have access to training courses and have strong links with their regional genetics service:
Telephone: 020 8869 2795
Address: Level 8V, St. Mark's Hospital, Watford Road, Harrow HA1 3UJ
Eligibility criteria for genetic testing
The NHS national genomic test directory can be found on the NHS England website This lists the eligibility criteria for all nationally commissioned genetic tests.
Laboratory links and test request forms
- North Thames Genomic Medicine Service Alliance
- East Genomics provides genomics courses and CPD
- Health Education England provides genomics education from bitesize modules through to a Masters in genomic medicine
- NHS England provides an overview of NHS genomic medicine service
- Future Learn provides free courses including: ‘What is genetic counselling?’
- The future of genetics in medicine contains information on how developments in genomics are transforming knowledge and treatment of conditions such as diabetes.
- Lynch syndrome web resources includes guidance for pathologists and colorectal MDTs.
We appreciate each specialty and department has different needs and we are able to provide tailored education sessions. Please contact us to discuss your needs and make arrangements.