Our vision, goals, and objectives
To provide excellent care in the right setting
Our goals are ambitious, but they give us all a common purpose in the work we do. No matter the role we have or where we're based, we can all work towards achieving the very best we can.
Within our goals are our objectives – the projects or workstreams we’ve identified that will help us achieve our goals now, and in the future.
Provide excellent care quality and patient experience
- Improve caller experience
- Deliver our Quality Improvement Plan
- Deliver targets set in our Quality Account
- Reduce vacancies and reliance on temporary staffing
- Improve our governance rating in the CQC’s well-led domain
- Meet national access standards targets set in our Annual Plan
Work with staff to transform our services
- Train 1,600 staff in continuous improvement
- Train 140 advanced continuous improvement leaders
- Introduce End PJ Paralysis in all inpatient areas
- Work with staff to design and implement ward reconfiguration
- Implement our Organisational Development and Engagement Plan
Become a sustainable organisation and a trusted partner
- Work with stakeholders to update our Clinical Strategy
- Align our services with community services to improve A&E performance
- Complete priority capital projects to support our transformation and improvement plans
- Agree 3-5 year financial recovery plan
- Work with our partners on system-wide recovery plans
- Embed the use of financial tools to improve our sustainability
Our HEART values
We put our patients at the HEART of everything we do.
We are open and honest in everything we do.
- We want you to say: “I feel staff are open and upfront therefore I trust them”
- We want our staff to say: “I speak up and feel comfortable admitting if I don’t understand something or I’ve made a mistake”
We value all people equally and treat them fairly, whilst recognising their individuality.
- We want you to say: “I feel that I am seen as a person and treated fairly”
- We want our staff to say: “I feel that I am listened to and that my views matter”
We will provide excellent care and ensure the safety and wellbeing of all patients.
- We want you to say: “I feel comfortable that staff will do their best for me”
- We want our staff to say: “I take pride in the work I do and take responsibility for making a difference everyday”
We treat everybody the way we would like to be treated.
- We want you to say: “I feel comfortable that staff have regard for my feelings and wellbeing”
- We want our staff to say: “I value every person as an individual and I feel valued"
We work together to make improvements, delivering consistent high quality, safe care.
- We want you to say: “I feel confident with the care I receive from a team of healthcare professionals”
- We want our staff to say: “I support my colleagues and feel engaged in our organization"