Our vision, goals, and objectives
To provide excellent care in the right setting
Our goals are ambitious, but they give us all a common purpose in the work we do. No matter the role we have or where we're based, we can all work towards achieving the very best we can.
Within our goals are our objectives: the projects or workstreams we’ve identified that will help us achieve our goals now, and in the future.
We've updated our objectives to better reflect our current environment and circumstances. In particular:
- our second goal now recognises the need to make transformation part of our organisational culture
- our third goal places more emphasis on the importance of building partnerships with purpose.
Provide excellent care quality and patient experience
- Minimise excess deaths and maintain services at a near-normal level during the COVID-19 pandemic (Chief Operating Officer)
- Support the safe delivery of care with robust infection prevention and control measures (Chief Nursing Officer)
- Continue the journey to outstanding with a ‘good’ rating in our next CQC assessment (Chief Nursing Officer)
- Improve compliance with our statutory duties in referral to treatment, two week wait, and our A&E waiting time performance (Chief Operating Officer)
- Implement our Digital Care Record (DCR) Programme and Digital Strategy (Director of Strategy)
- Run more appointments and clinics online and on the phone (Chief Operating Officer)
- Improve our hospital and community estates, including our critical care areas (Director of Estates and Facilities)
Engage with our staff to develop them and transform services
- Deliver our financial plan and contribute to the wider north west London financial plan (Chief Financial Officer)
- Work together with our partners to reduce waste and increase efficiency (Chief Financial Officer)
- Reduce inequalities in the workplace and improve our staff’s working lives (Director of Human Resources and Organisational Development)
- Increase the proportion of our staff receiving the COVID-19 vaccine to 90% (Director of Human Resources and Organisational Development)
- Have more than 60% of our staff complete the national staff survey (Director of Human Resources and Organisational Development)
- Create a respectful and inclusive culture through our HEART values and a new behaviour framework (Director of Human Resources and Organisational Development)
- Develop and nurture compassionate leaders and increase BAME staff representation at senior levels across all services (Director of Human Resources and Organisational Development)
- Learn from new collaborative clinical service reviews with clinical colleagues and patients (Chief Medical Officer)
- Implement a transformation programme that trains and empowers our staff to think and act differently, to improve patient care, staff experience and reduces waste (Chief Medical Officer)
Become a sustainable organisation that builds partnerships with purpose
- Create a sustainability strategy for use in future developments and supply chain contracts, to make sure our supplies are of a high standard, and arrive promptly and reliably (Director of Estates and Facilities)
- Help our support and enabling services improve what they offer to the organisation (Chief Financial Officer)
- Align our strategy and work with North West London Integrated Care System (Director of Strategy)
- Work more closely together with The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (Director of Strategy)
- Create more effective patient pathways across services and across the wider NHS in north west London, including with our local primary care networks (Chief Medical Officer)
- Improve our working relationships with other acute, community and mental health organisations (Chief Operating Officer)
- Work with councils, patient groups, residents, third sector and charitable organisations, and politicians to support our local communities (Director of Strategy)
- Build confidence in our organisation, improve our relationships with our stakeholders, and improve the way we communicate with our audiences (Director of Corporate Affairs)
We will measure our goals and objectives using clear, evidence-based metrics. We will report on our objectives to the Trust Executive Group, and to the Trust Board.
Our HEART values
We put our patients at the HEART of everything we do.
Our people promise
Our people promise was co-produced by our Trust board and our Independent staff insight group (ISIG).
What we’ll do
We’re determined to make LNWH a compassionate, caring, cohesive and courageous organisation.
We’ll do whatever it takes to appreciate our people, regardless of their role and background, so that they can be at their best. And we’ll take care of you and your wellbeing throughout your time with us.
We will value, respect, appreciate and trust each other.
We’re committed to always learning and improving as we serve our communities.
Why we’re doing it
We want to provide outstanding, inclusive healthcare that draws on our diverse strengths.
And we want to build a service we can all be proud of.
We know the road to true inclusivity isn’t easy. But we’re a diverse organisation, serving diverse communities. We’re proud of that diversity: valuing and respecting it is important to us.
We’ll work together, whether in our boardroom or our wards and departments to achieve that goal.