Understanding our quality
We use several methods to check that we are offering you high quality care. Some of these involve using your feedback about your care or the care of someone you know, while others involve us looking closely at the information we collect for each of our services.
Together, these methods are known as clinical governance.
Clinical governance helps us to:
- check that we are providing you with the right care in the right place at the right time
- manage the risks involved in providing safe clinical care
- recognise and apologise for any mistakes that we may have made in our care
- identify improvements we want to make to our care
- track the effects of changes we’ve made to improve care.