The Urgent care centre based at Hillingon Hospital provides a 24 hour, 365 days a year service, to those presenting with a wide range of minor illness and injuries, but who do not necessarily need full emergency department services.The service is situated within the A&E department at Hillingdon Hospital and has access to hospital specialities where appropriate.
The Centre is staffed by a dedicated team of GPs, emergency nurse practitioners and emergency care practitioners (paramedics) who have a wealth of experience in primary/community care and emergency care. There is also access to radiology and bed side testing. They have direct referral rights to all in-hospital specialities and have a close relationship with their neighbouring A&E (emergency department).
The centre provides 24-7 urgent care treating:
- All minor illnesses and injuries requiring immediate care
- All patients assessed by a streaming nurse
- Patients seen, treated and discharged by a qualified Emergency Nurse Practitioner (ENP) or a Doctor
- Patients referred to A&E or speciality services as appropriate.
- Patients safely redirected to primary care as appropriate
- Information and advice provided for self-care/management.
Tel. 01895 238282 (switchboard)
There are also other urgent care centres at Central Middlesex, Ealing and Northwick Park and St Mark's hospitals. More information can be found on our main A&E page.