Stopping smoking isn't easy, but there is support available in Brent to help you kick the habit
Did you know that you are four times more likely to quit with the NHS than going it alone?
- 80,000 smoking related deaths per year in the UK
- 4.9 million smoking-related deaths per year in the world
- Main causes of death are lung cancer, Coronary Heart Disease (CHD) and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder (COPD)
- Cigarettes contain over 4,000 different chemicals
- A 20 per day smoker spends on average £2,007.50 per year on cigarettes!
Call 020 8937 5490 to quit today or email Stopsmoking@brent.gov.uk for more information.
The Stop Smoking Service is a free, friendly and flexible service that can massively boost your chances of quitting for good.
What does the service include?
- Trained advisors on hand to give you accurate information and advice to help you quit smoking, and give you professional support during the first few weeks after you have stopped smoking
- Free or affordable stop smoking treatment such as Champix or Zyban if it is suitable for you, or Nicotine Replacement Therapy such as patches or gum
- Carbon Monoxide testing, so you can see your health improve when you quit smoking!
You will normally be offered weekly one-to-one appointments with an advisor, but we also offer group, drop-in services and telephone support as well. Depending on where you live, the venue could be a local GP surgery, pharmacy or community clinic.
Want to know more or book an appointment?
Your GP/ local pharmacy can refer you, or you can contact the Brent stop smoking service to make an appointment with an advisor: