The Special school nursing service, a team of dedicated nurses and support staff, who aim to promote the health and well-being of children and young people with learning disabilities in Brent. Our priority is to assist pupils to achieve their potential in school by supporting them and their families with their health needs.
The team consists of qualified nurses from different disciplines; adult, paediatric and learning disability nursing along with a school nurse assistant and administration staff.
We work closely with education, social care and other healthcare professionals to care for pupils with complex health needs and medical conditions such as asthma, diabetes, allergies and epilepsy.
We also provide the following:
- Developmental checks – monitoring height and weight
- Continence management and advice
- Health promotion
- Administer regular medications
- Health care plans
- Administer emergency medications
- Enteral feeding
- Support parents and teachers in managing medical conditions and provide training and support to teachers and teaching assistants on specific health conditions – asthma, epilepsy and allergies.
The service covers three special schools in Brent - Woodfield, Manor and The Village School.
The Special school nursing team work term time hours only and are therefore not available during school holidays. During term time the team can be contacted between 9am and 5pm on 020 3235 2079.
The team is based at:
The Village School, Grove Park, Kingsbury, London NW9 0JY
Please note that we are unable to reply using children and young people’s details to unsecured email addresses.