Our specialist Inflammatory Bowel Disease team look after you for all parts of your IBD care.
- Telephone number: 0208 235 4155
- Location: Level 4, St Mark's Hospital
- Division: Surgery
- General manager: Ann Lewis
About the service
Our specialist Inflammatory Bowel Disease team look after you for all parts of your IBD care, including:
- care from our doctors and nurses
- any surgical treatment you might need
- psychological and nutritional support
- supporting young people as they transition from childhood to adulthood
- research and education.
Our nursing team are your first point of contact if you require any advice or support about your IBD. Just leave a message on our advice line if you have a query, particularly if you're concerned that you are becoming unwell.
Our nursing team may also see you for clinic appointments, especially if you've been recently diagnosed, and can provide you with treatments such as:
- intravenous iron therapies.
Our dedicated intestinal imaging unit is equipped with modern digital screening units and ultrasound scanners. It performs specialised contrast and ultrasound studies including:
- evacuation proctography
- transit studies
- endosonography of the anus and rectum
- modified video swallows with the speech therapy department
- barium studies including small bowel enema intubation examinations
- double contrast barium enemas
- transvaginal ultrasound
- CT of the abdomen and pelvis
- MRI of the abdomen, pelvis and anal fistula
- endocoil studies of the anus.
St Mark's Hospital also offers Virtual Colonoscopy as part of our bowel cancer screening programme.
Our IBD Patient Panel at St Mark's Hospital meets regularly to discuss our care. If you use our service, or are the carer of someone who uses our service, it's a forum for you to offer our team feedback and suggestions for improvements.
If you would like to contribute to the Patient Panel by either attending the meetings, or by highlighting a particular area you would like to see the panel address, please get in touch.
Our stoma care service
As a specialist hospital in IBD, we have an active research and clinical trials programme. We may ask you if you're interested in participating in a research project, but you are not under any obligation to take part.
If you're interested in taking part in some of our research, or just want more information, get in touch with our clinical trials co-ordinator on 07799 765 239.