Our infectious diseases and tropical medicine department if you have TB, HIV, or other infections or tropical diseases.
- Location: Central Middlesex, Ealing, and Northwick Park Hospitals
- Division: Integrated medicine
- General manager: Carol Wallace
About the service
Our infectious diseases and tropical medicine department is the largest in the country.
Our consultants work alongside junior doctors and our specialist nursing team to:
- work daily with LNWH's Acute Medicine team in caring for patients on our Acute Assessment Unit
- help your medical team care for you if you have sepsis or other critical conditions related to infection
- work closely with our GUM and HIV outpatient teams to care for you if you have HIV
- look after you if you have HIV and need inpatient care
- look after you if you have severe or complicated tuburculosis (including drug resistant TB)
- look after you if you have a tropical infection.
Conditions we care for
We assess and care for you if you have symptoms of an infection or tropical disease, such as:
- tuberculosis (TB)
- skin, bone and kidney infections, including chronic viral hepatitis B.
Where we provide your care
You can find us:
- at Central Middlesex: TB clinic, ground floor, BeCAD, Roundwood 1
- at Ealing Hospital: wards 8 North and 8 South
- at Northwick Park Hospital:
- Elgar Ward, 5th floor, new block (at the back of the hospital, next to Northwick Park Emergency Department)
- Defoe Ward, Level 4 (at the front of the hospital)