Our paediatric speech and language therapy service provides a high quality service to children and young people in Brent.
- Telephone number: 020 8736 7106
- Location: Chalkhill Primary Care Centre, Chalkhill Road, Wembley
- Division: Women's and children's services
- General manager: Maria Luscombe
About the service
Our paediatric speech and language therapy service in Brent provides a high quality service to children and young people who:
- are between the ages of 0 and 18
- have a GP in Brent or who attend school in Brent
- have difficulties with speech, language, communication or swallowing.
We work in partnership with you and your family, as well as other health, education, social care and voluntary service professionals.
Conditions we care for
We look after children and young people who have one or more of the following conditions:
- developmental language disorder
- speech sound difficulties
- language disorder linked to with a sensory, cognitive or physical disability
- autism or social interaction difficulties
- voice disorders
- selective mutism
- feeding and drinking difficulties.
Where we provide your care
We provide services in a number of community settings, such as:
- children’s centres
- further education colleges.
Our children's speech and language service in Brent will accept referrals from anyone, as long as a parent of the child or young person who is being referred has consented.
To make a referral, you must write to us and include the child or young person's:
- date of birth
- telephone number.