Our Occupational Therapists provide a high quality service to children and young people in Brent.
- Telephone number: 020 8736 7106
- Address: Chalkhill Primary Care Centre, 113 Chalk Hill Road, Wembley, HA9 9FX
- Location: Chalkhill Primary Care Centre, Wembley
- Division: Women's and children's services
- General manager: Maria Luscombe (Head of Paediatric Therapies)
About the service
Our Occupational Therapists in Brent provide a high quality service to children and young people who:
- have a Brent GP
- have a Brent Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP)
The team work with children and young people to help them develop the skills they need to be a part of everyday activities (known as occupations) as independently as possible. These activities might include:
- personal care skills, including dressing, toileting, feeding, and brushing teeth
- completing school activities, such as using scissors or using a pencil
- being able to participate in fun leisure activities.
We work in partnership with you and your child, as well as with other people who are important in your child's life, such as their teachers.
Our aim is to support you and your child to be confident in overcoming barriers your child may experience when participating in day to day activities. To do this, we may:
- suggest alternative ways of doing activities
- provide specialist equipment
- provide advice on how you can adapt your environment for your child
- provide advice on learning new approaches.
Conditions we care for
Our team look after children and young people who have a functional difficulty with self-care, accessing school activities or taking part in leisure activities. This must be as a result of delay or difficulty with:
- limb/fine motor skills
- visual perceptual skills
- sensory processing skills
- motor planning skills
We will also look after children or young people who have a functional difficulty because of:
- developmental coordination disorder
- difficulty with accessing the physical school enviornement (such as a child who is a wheelchair user).
Please note we do not provide equipment at home.
We have an open referral system. That means that anyone who has the consent of the child or young person's parent can make a referral.
Refer to us by post, or submit a referral by email.