In 2006, the Department of Health set up the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) to create a world-class health system within the NHS.
The NIHR Clinical Research Network is the clinical research delivery arm. We operate nationally across England through a national coordinating centre and 15 local branches delivering research in the NHS across all disease areas.
The NIHR Clinical Research Network: North West London helps to increase the opportunities for patients to take part in clinical research, ensures that studies are carried out efficiently, and supports the Government’s Strategy for UK Life Sciences by improving the environment for commercial contract clinical research in the NHS in the North West London area.
How we can help researchers:
- Providing funds to support research and research staff costs
- Helping staff to get their studies off the ground quickly and easily
- Giving free training for staff working on clinical studies
- Helping researchers to identify suitable NHS sites and staff
- Providing guidance to researchers on recruiting patients to take part in research studies
- Promoting the active involvement of patients, carers and the public in research.
For general enquiries please contact the NIHR team at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit their website