Winners of our 2019 Staff Excellence Awards
Our judges whittled down a massive 560 nominations from you – our community – to our 42 fantastic finalists in 13 different categories.
We found out on Friday 15 March who our 14 lucky winners were during our glamorous ceremony at Wembley Stadium.
Presented to an individual or team from each of our clinical divisions who have gone the extra mile to improve patient safety or patient, carer or staff experience.
Emergency and Ambulatory Care
- Carole Williams, Willesden Centre
- Emergency Planning Team, all sites
- Winner: Therese Barrett, Ealing Hospital
Integrated Clinical Services
- Cecilia Tse, Northwick Park Hospital
- Winner: Dr Virginia Clowes, St. Mark’s Hospital
- Tina Dutton, Clayponds Hospital
- Acute Medical Unit, Ealing Hospital
- Dr Lai Ping Thum, Northwick Park Hospital
- Winner: Respiratory Team, Central Middlesex Hospital
- Christina Donga, Northwick Park Hospital
- Winner: Mr Nagaraj Prashanth, Ealing Hospital
- Tissue Viability Team, all sites
Women's and Children's Services
- Jackie Waldon and Gayle Blacklock, Northwick Park Hospital
- Winner: Sivapathalingam Jeyashanker, Northwick Park Hospital
- Ley Budit, Northwick Park Hospital
Fundraiser of the Year
Awarded to an individual staff member of team who has dedicated their time and energy to fundraising activities that benefit our Trust.
- Andy Eales, Ealing Hospital
- Winner: Lynne May, Meadow House Hospice
- Margherita Maynard, Meadow House Hospice
- St. Mark’s Channel Challengers, St. Mark’s Hospital
- Winner: Elena Nabre, Central Middlesex Hospital
- Fatmata Massqquoi, Central Middlesex Hospital
- Ralph Schafer, all sites
Learner of the Year
Awarded to an exceptional student, who is either in full time study or is currently undertaking learning and development within the Trust.
- Winner: Alex Stavrou, Brent community
- Anuragini Chandrasekaran, Greenford Community
- Sam Johnson, Brent Community
Lifetime Achievement Award
A special award to recognise the outstanding contribution made by an exceptional colleague who has served over 15 years in the organisation. The winner will be chosen by the Chief Executive.
- Winner: John Knottenbelt, Northwick Park Hospital
- Junierose Gazzinghan, Ealing Hospital
- Lesley Brazil, Northwick Park Hospital
- Mary Nunn, Northwick Park Hospital
Quality and Improvement Award (new for 2019)
Presented to an individual or team for implementing or managing innovative tools, systems or processes to enhance patient experience.
- Fit4LifePlus, Wembley Centre
- Maternity and Neonatal Unit, Northwick Park Hospital
- Winner: Sophie Russell, Northwick Park Hospital
Team of the Year
A special award to recognise the outstanding contribution made by an exceptional team (clinical or non-clinical) over the past year. The winner will be chosen by the Chairman.
- Robertson Ward, Willesden community
- Temporary Staffing, all sites
- Winner: Ward 3 North, Ealing Hospital
An award that recognises an unsung individual or team from our corporate support staff (HR, finance, facilities, strategy, ICT etc.) who consistently go above and beyond the call of duty in their day-to-day work.
- Winner: Finance team – all sites
- Learning Disability Team – all sites
- Security team – all sites
Volunteer of the Year
Awarded to an individual or team who have given up their time for the benefit of patients and staff.
- Winner: Beryl Jones, Northwick Park Hospital
- Winner: Mr and Mrs Saib, Ealing Hospital
- Vemice Lawrence, Ealing Hospital
- Voluntary Car Service, Northwick Park Hospital