Visiting times listed below are a guide and may vary slightly on some wards, so please check with ward staff. Please can we ask that where possible only two visitors attend at one time, unless special permission is granted by the nurse in charge.
Visits outside of normal visiting time are only granted by special permission from the nurse in charge of the ward. Rest periods are important for our patients, as is uninterrupted time with doctors and nurses.
We discourage visiting by children under 12 years of age. This is to protect vulnerable young people from the possibility of becoming ill themselves and to minimise the risk of bringing infections in from the community.
In general visiting hours are:
There are some exceptions to these times so please see below.
Northwick Park Hospital
Jack’s Place at Northwick Park Hospital
- 9am - 9pm - Parents can visit and one parent is welcome to be resident at all times and stay over night. Siblings are unable to stay over night.
- 2pm - 8pm - Relatives and friends can visit
- Children under 16 years of age may only visit if accompanied by an adult
Maternity Unit, Northwick Park Hospital
On the labour ward, one visitor per mother will be admitted, normally the partner. In exceptional circumstances a second person or the mother’s children will be admitted at the discretion of the labour ward co-ordinator.
Florence and Edith wards and Birth Centre visiting hours
- 9am - 10pm - Partners, baby's siblings or one named person
- 3pm – 5pm and 7pm – 8pm - Ward opens for other visitors including grandparents
Herrick and Haldane wards
- 2 - 8pm - earlier visiting is not permitted as this is when clinical staff carry out their duties, and ensures patients have some quiet time, which is essential to their recovery.
Children under the age of 13 are not permitted to visit Herrick or Haldane wards. This is to allow patients to walk about with confidence. In exceptional circumstances, please speak to the nurse in charge.
St. Mark's Hospital wards
Frederick Salmon Ward and Intestinal Failure Unit. Visitors are welcome from 11am to 12noon and 1pm to 8pm.
Visiting hours for general wards are from 11am to 9pm.
Intensive Care Unit
Visiting is from 11am to 1pm and 4 to 7pm.
During meals we like to stop everything we’re doing to make sure your friend or relative is eating properly. Some wards have dedicated mealtime volunteers, too.
You’re welcome to stay during mealtimes but we ask that you save your questions until mealtime is over and encourage your friend to eat.
Meal times vary slightly between each ward. Meals are served between:
Breakfast: 8pm - 9am
Lunch: 12noon - 2.30pm
Supper: 5.30pm - 7pm