Gender pay gap report
Breakdown of gender pay data: snapshot date 31 March 2020
Breakdown of males and females in each pay bracket
Breakdown of males and females in each Agenda for Chance (AfC) banding, very senior managers (VSM) and Trust board.
Staff headcount on 31 March 2020: 8393
|Pay group||Male %||Female %|
Proportion of males and females in each pay quartile
Divided into four groups ordered from lowest to highest pay.
|Quartile||Male %||Female %|
Gender pay gap by gender and group
|Hourly rate (£)||21.66||18.31|
|Pay gap (%)||2.37||6.97|
Mean hourly rate
|Pay gap %|
|Agenda for Change||18.67||18.36||1.66|
Median hourly rate
|Pay gap %|
|Agenda for Change||17.30||17.27||0.17|
Our calculations on the proportion of males and females receiving a bonus payment are taken from Clinical Excellence Awards (CEA) only.
This is an award scheme intended to recognize and reward consultants.
Average bonus pay gap
- overall mean bonus: £13,182
- overall median bonus: £754
Proportion of males and females receiving a bonus payment
|Male staff (%)||7.70||26|
|Female staff (%)||1.30||15.6|
Summary ongoing actions from previous years
- A systematic review for gender bias competencies required for senior leadership roles
- a review of competencies required for CEA awards for gender bias and adjust accordingly
- a review of gender distribution at divisional level and pay gap (if any)
- ongoing monitoring and championing the progression of female medical staff to senior medical careers.