Classes and drop-in sessions
Our face-to-face antenatal classes have been cancelled until further notice to help reduce the spread of coronavirus.
Your birth journey
Our midwives have recorded some podcasts about your birth journey in some of our most spoken languages*:
- Écoutez votre parcours de naissance en français sur SoundCloud
- Hören Sie sich Ihre Geburtsreise auf Deutsch in SoundCloud an
- Ascolta il tuo viaggio di nascita in italiano su SoundCloud
- Posłuchaj historii swoich narodzin po polsku na SoundCloud
- Ouça sua jornada de nascimento em Português no SoundCloud
- Ascultă călătoria ta naștere în română pe Soundcloud
*spotted a mistake in our translations here? Contribute to better translations by filling in the page feedback form below. Thank you!
Apps, books, and more information
There’s lots of information out there about your pregnancy – here are some of our favourites:
Information booklets for mums and families
We’ve worked with other NHS organisations in north west London to give you the best advice, early on in your pregnancy, close to you. They're available in a range of languages including Arabic, Gujarati, Polish and Punjabi:
- Your pregnancy booklet
- Giving birth in north west London booklet
- Labour and birth booklet
- Personal care plan booklet
- After your baby is born (antenatal) booklet
Mum and baby app
North west London’s free mum and baby app, available on Android and Apple, isn’t just a source of great information.
It helps you:
- choose where you’d like to give birth in north west London
- set your own personalised plan for pregnancy, birth, and beyond
Get the app now
Or, simply search ‘mum and baby’ to get started
Other classes and sessions
Online antenatal baby feeding classes
Join our online classes to learn all about feeding your baby. The sessions are led by infant leading experts, lactation specialists, and health visitors.
They take place in the evening between 7.30pm and 9pm.
Book your place by:
- emailing Julie (infant feeding lead in Harrow)
- calling 07889232460.
You will learn about:
- the first feed
- establishing breastfeeding
- building a milk supply
- different ways to hold baby
- common breastfeeding problems
- responsive feeding
- pumping & expressing
- bottle feeding
- your baby’s brain
- and there's always time for questions.
Question and answer sessions with our midwives
Each Friday at 10am, Northwick Park Hospital Maternity Voices Partnership hosts a question and answer session with our midwives.
Join us if you have any questions about your care, scans, tests, and your choices.
We can't help with specific medical questions, but if you're unable to contact your consultant or midwife, we can help put you in touch.