About our bereavement service
Very sadly, bereavement is a normal life experience. Working through the pain of loss and coming to terms with the death of a loved one are very important, and can affect our future health, both mental and physical.
Many people may not need additional support at this time, as grief can affect us all in different ways. But there are a growing number of bereavement services to support people who are experiencing grief, from general bereavement befriending to specialist professional counselling.
At our bereavement office, our staff can offer you advice on local community bereavement support agencies, and can arrange follow up meetings with hospital staff if this is something that would help you.
Our staff coordinate the paperwork which is needed after a person's death, such as the medical cause of death certificate (MCCD) and cremation forms. They also work closely with staff inside and outside the Trust, including:
- medical and nursing staff
- funeral directors
- H.M. Coroner’s office
- the Registry office.
Visiting our bereavement service: Changes due to COVID-19
Due to the current situation we’ve taken the difficult decision to stop viewings in our mortuary rooms and face-to-face meetings with our team.
This is to help reduce the spread of coronavirus.
We apologise if these arrangements cause any distress at such a difficult time for you and your family.
Our team are still available on the phone to explain everything that you need to know about registering your loved one’s death.
- for Northwick Park: 020 8869 2960
- for Ealing: 020 8967 5367
We understand that losing a loved one can feel overwhelming, especially if the death was sudden, untimely and unexpected.
There are a number of organisations who can support you and your family during this distressing time.
Cruse is a national bereavement organisation that has a helpful website which addresses many aspects of bereavement during this time.
- Visit their website at cruse.org.uk
- They also have online resources on how bereavement and grief may be affected by this pandemic
- Support for children and young people during the pandemic
- Call via 0808 808 1677.
Via your local council
Local bereavement services have moved to telephone support only, but are still open.
- Brent bereavement service: 020 8459 6818
- Ealing Bereft bereavement support: 020 8896 2800
- Harrow and Hillingdon bereavement care: 020 8427 5720
- The government's guide after a bereavement
- The Compassionate Friends offer support to families after the death of a child of any age and from any cause
Once again, please accept our sincere condolences for your loss.