All general practices across the borough of Harrow have a dietetic clinic service providing individual assessment and advice to patients with a range of conditions e.g. diabetes, raised cholesterol, obesity, irritable bowel syndrome, and malnutrition.
The services also provide:
- Nutritional support and advice for patients, carers and staff in residential, nursing homes and patients at home
- Home Enteral Nutrition (HEN) - facilitating a smooth transfer from hospital to home, and ensuring best care and support for patients who require tube feeding at home
- Working closely with the Harrow STARRS (Short Term Assessment, Rehabilitation and Re-ablement Service) to provide nutritional care to patients at home
- Health promotion, working alongside public health raising awareness of healthy diet and lifestyle in the prevention of nutrition - related conditions: diabetes, heart disease, stroke and obesity
- Structured group education programmes for Type 2 diabetes, and heart disease.
The community dietetic team are based at Northwick Park and St Marks Hospital. Map and directions.
Tel. 020 8869 2669
FAX : 0208 869 2659