What do our health visitors do?
- They lead on the delivery of the Healthy Child Programme (HCP). The HCP is the early intervention and prevention public health programme that is at the centre of the universal service for children and families
- They work with the whole family to identify and address health needs.
- Their work is targeted to children and families where there are identified needs.
- Safeguarding children is also a key work area.
Other key work areas include:
- Universal health visiting service for all families with children under five years old in Harrow
- Breast feeding support
- Prevention of obesity
- Immunisation advice
- Targeted support for specific need
- Child health promotion clinics
- Health Promotion group activity
- Smoking cessation
- Parenting support
- Home safety and accident prevention.
Health visitors have a key role in promoting health and preventing ill health at individual and public health level.This includes promotion of maternal and infant mental health.
We have two main teams working across Harrow
Tel. 020 3182 8306 or 020 3182 8307
See also: Health visiting clinical academic hub