The ENABLE service is an integrated community service encompassing health and social care. It provides specialist neurological therapy (physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech and language therapy, clinical psychology and counselling), MS nursing care and social work to people who have been diagnosed with a neurological condition.
We specialise in:
- Rehabilitation to help regain functional skills following recent decline in health status and to maximise optimal long term independence
- Provision of appropriate home exercise programmes
- Advice on promoting active lifestyles where possible
- Provision of appropriate equipment and education of its safe use
- Assessment for both minor and major home adaptations
- Advice on fatigue management
- Specialist vocational, work retention and returning to work programme or engaging in other meaningful activity
- Communication and swallow assessment and treatment
- Psychological support
- Assessment and rehabilitation of difficulties with cognition
- Provision of specialist nursing care
- Specialist social care management - advice on changes to care packages as appropriate, information and/or provision of contacts regarding benefits, rehousing and access to respite
- The support/education/advice to family and carers who require assistance in the provision of care to patients with various neurological conditions.
Who works in the team?
- Occupational therapist
- Speech and Language therapist
- Clinical Psychologist
- MS Nurse
- Social Worker.
Clinicians who wish to access the service
To make a referral to either of the specialist teams, please email or fax a referral form to ENABLE team at Clayponds Hospital on:
Fax: 0208 568 5165
To contact the ENABLE team at Clayponds Hospital - Tel: 020 8568 0679/0064
To contact ENABLE CST at Ealing Hospital - Tel: 020 8967 5000 and ask for extension 3565
For any further information contact email@example.com or Tel: 020 8568 0679