The District Nursing service in Brent provides nursing care to patients over 16 years of age who are housebound due to a short or long-term condition and who would otherwise find it difficult to access regular healthcare.
The District Nurses are closely linked with your local GP and work in partnership with other health and social care professionals.
You can be referred to the District Nursing service by your GP, Practice Nurse, a hospital or other health and social care professionals.
How can we help you?
We can support you until you recover or become independent by providing:
- General nursing care when you are ill
- Ongoing nursing care after leaving hospital
- Advice on how to live a more healthy life
- Advice on promotion of continence
- Administration of medication
- Care to patients with long-term conditions which have complex needs
- Palliative and end-of-life care
- Assessment for equipment to promote and maintain independence
- Referrals to other health and social care services as necessary.
What you can expect
The District Nurses will assess your individual healthcare needs, discuss and plan your care, provide skilled nursing care in your own home and refer you to other agencies if needed.
The District Nursing Teams provide a five-day service from 8:30am to 5pm with a reduced service at weekends and out of hours.
You will have an allocated team of nurses to call during treatment or if you need help and advice.
The District Nursing Teams are based in teams in five locations:
CHALKHILL PRIMARY CARE CENTRE
113 Chalkhill Road
Wembley HA9 9FX
HILLSIDE PRIMARY CARE CENTRE
150 Hilltop Avenue
KILBURN SQUARE CLINIC
91 Kilburn Square
London NW6 6PS
WEMBLEY CENTRE FOR HEALTH & CARE
116 Chaplin Road
WILLESDEN CENTRE FOR HEALTH & CARE
London NW10 3RY
Alternatively you may wish to contact the Service Manager, on:
Tel. 020 3114 7191