The Brent health team for children looked after service (CLA) is a team of dedicated doctors, nurses and administrators who aim to promote the health and well-being of children and young people who are being looked after by Brent Social Care.
The health team is responsible for coordinating and arranging the statutory health assessments for Brent’s looked after population. The current statutory requirements are:
- An Initial health assessment should be completed within four weeks of a child or young person becoming looked after
- Review health assessments for children aged under five years should take place six monthly
- Review health assessments for children and young people aged over five years should take place annually.
The team work closely with parents, carers and our colleagues in health, social care and other relevant services to ensure that the children and young people can experience and enjoy optimal health outcomes.
Our service offers a clinic based service Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm, alongside outreach visits for those children and young people who may be accommodated outside of Brent.
The CLA health team comprises of:
- Dr. S. Wijesinghe, Designated and Lead Dr for Children Looked After (CLA)
- Kate Tuohy, Lead Nurse for CLA
- Nneka Nlewedim, Specialist Nurse for CLA
- Gita Esmailji and Victor Etete, CLA Administrators
We are based at the Wembley Centre for Health and Care.
Tel. 020 8795 6344