Once you are home following the birth of your baby it is important to look after yourself, rest and enjoy your new baby. Your community midwife will visit you shortly after you return home to check how you and your new baby are doing.
If you have any breastfeeding concerns you can also find help from the following -
Brent - drop in support
- Harlesden Health Visiting Team - 020 3188 7399 (by appointment only) on the second and fourth Thursday of each month from 11.30am to 12.30pm
- Kingsbury Health Visiting Team - 020 8736 7115 (by appointment only) on the second and fourth Wednesday of each month from 12.30pm to 1.30pm
- Willesden Health Visiting Team - 020 8438 7235 as part of Baby Clinic Triage held on every Tuesday from 1pm to 3pm and on Friday from 9.30am to 12.30pm
- Wembley Central Health Visiting Team - 020 8795 6030 every third Thursday
- Kilburn Health Visiting Team - 020 7644 8144 (by appointment only) on Friday at Hope Children Centre from 1.30pm to 2.30pm
Ealing Early Start Teams and Children's centres are working towards UNICEF accreditation and have achieved Stage 1 this year. We provide a range of support, advice and information about breastfeeding, formula feeding and starting family foods for parents and their babies.
Harrow - drop in support
The Harrow Infant Feeding service is delivered by a Nurse Specialist, Specialist Peer Supporter and Volunteer Peer Supporters. There are currently 30 volunteers from different ethnic backgrounds who speak 25 different languages. So all mothers regardless of the language barriers, have the same level of access to services.
The service is delivered in conjunction with Harrow's Health Visiting Service. All new families are informed or referred to the service by their midwives and Health Visitors. A support drop-in group runs every day, Monday to Friday across different areas of the borough and there is no need to book. Please click this link for more information - www.breastfeedinginharrow.org
Everyone is welcome, whether you are breastfeeding, mixed feeding or formula feeding. Fathers, grandparents, family members are all welcome. Pregnant mothers are especially welcome.
Harrow Infant Feeding is proud to be a fully accredited Baby Friendly Community.
Support from other organisations
NCT breastfeeding line - 0300 330 0771 This is open from 8am to 10pm, seven days a week.
National breastfeeding helpline – 0300 100 0212
La Leche League helpline - 0845 120 2918
Sign up to the breastfeeding support on-line at this link - https://www.nhs.uk/start4life
Breastfeeding in public - your rights
Please click here for more information on breastfeeding in public and your rights.
It is important that you do not fall asleep with your baby on a sofa or a bed. To find out more about caring for your baby at night please click on this leaflet from Unicef.