The EPU at Ealing Hospital provides a rapid appointment service to assess pregnant women with pain and bleeding in early pregnancy (for pregnancies up to 12 weeks 6 days).
An appointment can usually be made by GPs for the following day through Patient Services on 020 8967 5081 or 020 8967 5329 between 8:30am and 7:30pm. Outside these hours and for women seen in A&E, EPU referrals will be made via A&E reception.
We accepts referrals from GPs, A&E, urgent care centres, local family planning clinics and self referrals.
Northwick Park and St Mark's Hospital
GDR at Northwick Park Hospital provides an appointment service to assess women with a positive urine pregnancy test presenting with pain and bleeding in early pregnancy (less than 20 weeks).
We also see patients with:
- Previous history of first trimester miscarriage or previous ectopic pregnancy
- Suspected retained products of conception (RPOC) who are > six weeks postnatal
- Suspected Retained Product Of Conception (RPOC) following Termination Of Pregnancy (TOP)
- Previous history of molar pregnancy
- Gynaecological emergencies, following clinical review, who require ultrasound scan
GDR accepts referrals from GPs, the Marie Stope clinic, A&E doctors, the Urgent Care Centre (UCC), Antenatal Clinic (ANC) and on-call gynaecology team. The service does not operate as a walk-in service therefore it does not accept self-referrals.
Following receipt of referral request the GDR nurses you will be contacted with an appointment.
Referrals can be faxed by GPs on 020 8869 2061.