Northwick Park Hospital A&E department
020 8864 3232 (switchboard)
Finding your way to Northwick Park and St Mark's hospitals is straightforward whether you are coming by public transport or private vehicle.
Click here for a map of the local area and here for a map of Northwick Park and St Mark's hospitals.
By public transport
Please refer to this local area transport map provided by Transport for London for full details of public transport connections to Northwick Park and St Mark's Hospitals, which are summarised below.
- Routes 186, 223, H9, H10 and H14 enter the grounds of the hospitals, and route 182 stops a short distance away on Watford Road.
- Bus routes H18,H19 serve Northwick Park station, five minutes walk to the hospitals
- Bus routes 114 and 183 stop on Kenton Road, about a 10 minute walk from the hospitals.
- Route 483 runs between Northwick Park Hospital and Ealing Hospital. Download the timetable
Low floor, wheelchair accessible buses run on all these routes. Please note, the 186 bus now terminates outside St Mark’s Hospital, making it more convenient for patients.
Tube and rail links
Northwick Park on the Metropolitan Line is the nearest Tube station to the hospitals, five minutes walk away. Kenton station, for Bakerloo and London Overground services, is about a 10-15 minute walk away.
Travelling to Northwick Park and St Mark’s from Central Middlesex Hospital
There is no direct public transport link between our two main hospital sites but there a number of ways to make the journey by bus, rail or Underground. To find out which way is best for you, go to www.tfl.gov.uk and use the journey pPlanner on the right hand side. Enter the following search details:
From: NW10 7NS
To: HA1 3UJ
Northwick Park and St Mark’s Hospitals are situated on one site along the Watford Road in Harrow, near the Northwick Park roundabout and next to the Playgolf Northwick Park golf club. Please note that the site must be approached from the roundabout to the north as no right turns from the south are permitted.
Parking is available throughout the hospital grounds in car parks 1 (multistorey), 2, 3 and 4. These locations are signposted from the hospital ring road, where we ask you to observe the speed limit of 10mph.
Car parking charges
Up to 1 hour
Up to 2 hours
Up to 3 hours
Up to 5 hours
Up to 8 hours
Over 8 hours
Car parking concessions
Please check if you are eligible for these concessions with the relevant department/service.
- Scratch cards - £5 per card valid for 24 hours (a minimum of five cards must be purchased)
- £1 charge for haematology patients, patients on dialysis and for cancer patients undergoing treatment, surgery and follow-up care (for 24 hours)
- £5 charge for frequent outpatient attendees, visitors with relatives that are gravely ill and visitors who have an extended stay in the hospital (for 24 hours)
- 25% discount off standard tariffs for visitors to the Regional Hyper-Acute Rehabilitation Unit (RRU)
Pay by phone
First time users
Call 01895 262 122 or 0345 434 8008 as soon as you have parked your vehicle
- You will need the car park's Location Code (see below), the length of your stay and your payment card details
- Reply to the text with your Vehicle Registration Number. Your parking is now paid.
Once you are registered you can pay and extend your parking by SMS message (please note there is a charge of 30p to register when using this service) and view your parking history online APCOA Connect
- Call 01895 262 122 or 0345 434 8008 as soon as you have parked your vehicle
- We'll recognise your phone number and offer you the same parking seesion from your last call to us. You can accept or amend these details and confirm your payment.
The Location Codes for Northwick are displayed in the car parking areas, visitor codes are:
Car Park 2 Location Code is 2222
Car Park 3 Location Code is 2223
Car park 4 Location Code is 2224
Please note, this service is not available in the multistorey car park.
Parking charge notice: £60.00 (discounted by 50% to £30 if paid within 14 days).
Five and seven day passes are available from the parking office in car park 1. These passes are transferable between two cars and can be used for multiple visits per day.
Patients undergoing dialysis treatment can park all day in car park 2 for £2. Patients will be required to display a letter issued by the renal unit on their dash board.
Free parking is available for Blue Badge Holders in designated bays in car parks 2, 3 and 4. Disabled parking bays are also avaialble on level 1 of the multistorey car park, entrance by the APCOA Car Parking Office, not through the barriers.
Please download the map of available blue badge spaces
There are also disabled parking bays through the barriers of the multistorey car park, standard charges apply for these bays
The usual pay and display charges are payable by blue badge holders when parking in non-designated bays.
Vehicles not being used for the direct benefit of the blue badge holder, irrespective of whether they display a Blue Badge or time recorder, are not entitled to park in designated blue bays and may be issued with a parking charge notice.
If you require assistance in finding a place to park, please contact the parking office on 020 8869 3803.
We have 26 cycle parking spaces for public use at Northwick Park and St Mark’s. The cycle stands can be found at the following locations:
- Main hospital entrance
- Bottom level of the multi-storey car park (car park 1)
- St Mark's entrance (car park 4)
- Maternity entrance
- Medical education centre.
Plan your route using TFL’s Cycle Journey Planner.