Coronavirus (COVID-19): information for visitors and members of the public
Visiting our hospitals
To help us stop the spread of coronavirus and keep our hospitals running, we’re really sorry that we are not currently allowing visitors in our hospitals.
Outpatient appointments and elective surgery
Our latest updates
Please do not contact us regarding coronavirus (COV-19). You can read our full update at lnwh.nhs.uk/covid-19, and we'll keep the page updated with the latest information.
If you're concerned about your symptoms, call NHS 111 or use the nhs.uk symptom checker.
If you have particular questions about COVID-19, try our COVID-19 chat. It's based on guidance from NHS and the British Government, and can help you find answers to commonly asked questions.
Our infectious diseases and tropical medicine department if you have TB, HIV, or other infections or tropical diseases.
- Location: Central Middlesex, Ealing, and Northwick Park Hospitals
- Division: Integrated medicine
- General manager: Carol Wallace
About the service
Our infectious diseases and tropical medicine department is the largest in the country.
Our consultants work alongside junior doctors and our specialist nursing team to:
- work daily with LNWH's Acute Medicine team in caring for patients on our Acute Assessment Unit
- help your medical team care for you if you have sepsis or other critical conditions related to infection
- work closely with our GUM and HIV outpatient teams to care for you if you have HIV
- look after you if you have HIV and need inpatient care
- look after you if you have severe or complicated tuburculosis (including drug resistant TB)
- look after you if you have a tropical infection.
Conditions we care for
We assess and care for you if you have symptoms of an infection or tropical disease, such as:
- tuberculosis (TB)
- skin, bone and kidney infections, including chronic viral hepatitis B.
Where we provide your care
You can find us:
- at Central Middlesex: TB clinic, ground floor, BeCAD, Roundwood 1
- at Ealing Hospital: wards 8 North and 8 South
- at Northwick Park Hospital:
- Elgar Ward, 5th floor, new block (at the back of the hospital, next to Northwick Park Emergency Department)
- Defoe Ward, Level 4 (at the front of the hospital)