Nominations are now open for this year’s Staff Excellence Awards.
The awards showcase and celebrate the vital work of our 9,000 staff: from nurses to ward clerks and radiologists to cleaners. Last year 320 people were nominated by grateful patients, family members and colleagues.
There are a total of 12 award categories to submit a nomination for, covering the diverse range of people and skills that work across our hospital and community services.
Nominations are open until 31 December 2017 and can be made by anyone. All nominations must include examples of work within the last 12 months (unless otherwise stated).
Winners will be chosen by a panel of judges and will be announced at a special awards ceremony in March 2018.
If you want your chosen individual or team to win an award, you have to convince the judges that they stand out from the others. Read these top tips to help you in writing your nomination:
- Ensure your nomination demonstrates how the individual or team has lived our HEART values of honesty, equality, accountability, respect and teamwork.
- Give yourself enough time to write the nomination - don't leave it to the last minute!
- Choose the most appropriate category for your nomination - read the award criteria carefully before selecting the category for your nomination.
- State clearly, at the beginning of your nomination, why you think your nominee deserves to win. You can reiterate this at the end of your nomination as well.
- Back up your reasons with examples and evidence of why your nominee deserves to win.
- Submit your nomination to just one category - putting the same nomination into multiple categories will not improve your nominees' chances of winning a prize.
- Quality, not quantity! The quality of your nomination outweighs the quantity of nominations received, so make sure you provide lots of evidence to back up your nomination.
The small print
The following rules have been designed to ensure that the nomination process is as clear and fair as possible.
- Individuals cannot nominate themselves for an award. Team members can nominate the teams that they work in.
- Nominations can be made by anyone (including patients, visitors, carers, volunteers, staff, the public and partners).
- Nominations must include examples of work within the last 12 months (unless otherwise stated) and clearly demonstrate how individuals or teams have gone the ‘extra mile’. Without examples we are unable to judge the nomination.
- There is no limit to the number of nominations that can be made.
- All nominations must be received by 11.30pm on 31 December 2017. Nominations received after this date will not be considered.
- Nominators have the right to remain anonymous (their names are not disclosed to their nominee). Please ensure you make it clear when completing the form by ticking the appropriate box.
- The judging panel reserve the right to select an alternative category for the nominee to be considered in.
- Decisions made by the judging panels are final.
Last year's winners
Take a look at last year's winners for some inspiration.